When you start the year with over 100 books in your stack to be read, more on a list you want to get, you need to step up your game. No more piddling around. It is past time to get cracking and read some books.
I am a busy modern woman. Photographer, writer, wife, mother, and a home-schooler. Where do I find the time?
Do not get me wrong, I love to read. And I read a lot. Most of what I read these days centers around news and information on the web and in encyclopedias. I read a lot while schooling my boys. And I love it! I cannot believe how much knowledge I gained with my boys.
This month, I definitely stepped up my game. My goal for the year is to read at least 50 books with hopes of closer to 60 or 70 so I can knock that pile in half. January gave me a good start on my goal of 50.
I am including on my blog, reviews of some of the books I finish. I am hoping to review most if not all. I am missing a few, but that is OK. Some I am choosing not to post, such as my book group read. I also have several goals for some books that I want to read. I want to keep my book group going, so there are books that will come from that. I want to get through several of my audio-books, as well. I want to read a few more of my favourite classics such as those by Jules Verne. These will be counting towards my count, even if they do not really help lighten the load for my poor closet shelf.
What sort of books do I read? What don’t I read? My shelf holds a little of this and a little of that. Choosing books from the mix will definitely be enjoyable.
Each month I want to write up my list, to share my complete reading list. I hope you enjoy it. You can always check back for reviews, or ask if there is a book listed I have not reviewed.
Books completed in January 2008:
1. History of US (Volume 1): The First Americans by Joy Hakim (School book)
2. Dead and Dateless by Kimberly Raye
3. Uglies by Scott Westerfield
4. Knitting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik (Book Club)
5. Yearbook by Allyson Braithwaite Condie
6. Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich
7: Back to the Bedroom by Janet Evanovich
8. How to Make Your Man Behave in 21 Days or Less Using the Secrets of Professional Dog Trainers by Karen Salmansohn
9. 7th Son: Book 1: Descent by JC Hutchins (free audio book. Google it and download. Become a Beta Clone.)
10. Your Inner Eve: Discovering God’s Woman Within (for my Walking With Women series)
11. Pretties by Scott Westerfield
12. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson (Classic with the kids.)
That is right, boys and girls. Twelve books completed in the month of January. Don’t get real impressed. Three of these were young adult novels. Another was so crazy short it was not funny. The first two were finished up from last month. And one was an audiobook while stuck in traffic. Yes, traffic to co-op is THAT bad. I’m almost halfway through the second book in that series. Several of these books were very short.
If only I could keep up the pace. The shelf in my closet would cheer!
See you in a month for another reading report! Meanwhile, watch for my book reviews!
Originally posted on ladyozma.vox.com