Yesterday I posted about lists and I saw a friend posted twenty things she did by the time she was 35.
I figured that was a cool idea. After all, I’ve accomplished stuff. Right?
Sure, I haven’t become the next Lois Lane or met Superman. Yes that’s a life long dream. Do not judge! However, I’ve done some pretty groovy stuff. Let’s take a look at my own list!
20 Things I’ve Done Before Turning 35:
1. Got married
2. Had a child (well, two!)
3. Rode on a motorcycle
4. Moved cross country (twice!)
5. Hosted foreign exchange student (3x!)
6. Wrote for a newspaper
7. Had a photograph win an award
8. Had a photograph hung in an art exhibit seen by thousands of people
9. Bought a house
10. Sold a house
11. Learned more then I ever wanted to know about pediatric cancer. Encouraged awareness. Was my son’s chemo-buddy.
12. Let my son become my hero. (Yes, he even ranks above Superman!)
13. Been to another country
14. Volunteered as a Sign Language Interpreter (OK, that was probably one of the most rewarding things I have ever done aside from being my son’s chemo-buddy!)
15. Wrote more then 50,000 words of a novel in one little month. (NaNo Winner x 4!)
16. Worked on a documentary
17. Saw the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Live and In Person. Bonus: Also saw Natalie Cole Live and In Person. That’s like… AWESOME!
18. Saw the Joffrey Ballet Life and In Person. At the Kennedy Center. Awesome!
19. Became a Journeyman (Journeywoman!) costumer!
20. Best thing (aside from the whole kid thing because they are pretty rockin’): Got Baptized! I love my Lord!
So there you have twenty things that I have done in my life. Not the most interesting, but it’s still pretty cool.
I am working on a list of things to do before I turn 40. I have just shy of five years. *SHUDDER* I’m looking for ideas. Feel free to shout them out to me! I’m game for a lot of things except I’m not doing weird piercings (metal allergies) and I can’t decide on a hair colour I like so I’m thinking tats are right out.
If I come up with a list, I’ll post it!
Feel free to share your own life’s highlights reel if you like. It’s pretty cool!
Pingback: Filling My Bucket – One Task At A Time « Lady Ozma's Life and Times