OK, as you may know if you know me… I’m obsessed with THE PANTS. All thanks to Allysa Milano and her character Phoebe on Charmed. She wore these truly heinous pants that put all new meaning to “ultra low ride”. But now… totally obsessed with PANTS.
So I found this book… I just had to snag it for my book club and guess what we are reading? Yup… this book. It’s a NY Times best seller. So watch for it be a movie next summer, HA! Anyway, it is called Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Here’s the rules as taken from the back of the book.
We the Sisterhood, hereby instate the following rules to govern the use of the Traveling Pants:
1. You must never wash the pants
2. You must never double-cuff the Pants. It’s tacky. There will never be a time when this will not be tacky.
3.You must never say the word “phat” while wearing the Pants. You must also never think “I am fat” while wearing the Pants.
4.You must never let a boy take off the Pants (although you may take them off yourself in his presence).
5. You must not pick your nose while wearing the Pants. You may however, scratch casually at your nostril while really kind of picking.
6.Upon our reunion, you must follow the proper procedures for documenting your time in the Pants.
7.You must write to your Sisters throughout the summer, no matter how much fun you are having without them.
8. You must pass the Pants along to your Sisters according to the specifications set down by the Sisterhood. Failure to comply will result in a severe spanking upon our reunion.
9. You must not wear the Pants with a tucked-in shirt and belt. See rule #2.
10. Remeber: Pants = love. Love your pals. Love yourself.