How on earth is it mid January and I still ahven’t done this unboxing of Ipsy? Oh right, holidays and sickness and wanting to try things out properly. My next Glambag is on its way and I plan to try to do a live unboxing if I can on HangW/. If I don’t lose my voice again or a thousand other things.
I chose not to do a Pinterest this week because I’m in desperate mourning over Alan Rickman and David Bowie. I can’t even begin to tell you how devastated I am to lose two icons, men who inspired me, and gave so much to the arts. The world is a darker place without them. All I wanted to do was a pinterest post in rememberance of them, but I’m still building pins. Maybe next week… maybe.
Anyway, enough with the sadness. Let’s look at Ipsy for December! Because that’s happy. And make sure you check out my Instagram because I posted a David Bowie inspired look and now I’m going to do an Alan Rickman one (IE: Slytherin colours).
December 2015: With ❤ From Ipsy
- The bag: Red and resembles patent leather and you just can’t go wrong with that. I liked the differnet shape of this bag as well, though it can prove less roomy inside.
- Julie G Nail Colour in Pin Up Girl: The formula is OK. I’ve never used Julie G before, so I’m excited to have a new brand. Cost: $3.99
- tarte cosmetics smooth operator Amazonian clay finishing powder: This was timely as I 1. wanted to try out tarte and 2. needed a finishing powder. I’ve been using it off and on and I don’t really notice a huge difference in my makeup longevity. This was half the size of the “on the go” so I’m calling it a $7 value.
- Pacifica Power of Love Natural Lipstick in Nude Red: Well, it’s nude alright. It goes on OK, but it’s moderately drying to my lips. Will I wear it? Yes. Will I choose to wear it as much as my Nars? No. It shouldn’t be drying to my lips so it’s either winter or my super picky about lipsticks coming out. I do like that it’s 100% vegan and cruelty-free. I’m hoping to love it more when my lips are less dry. This really could be a seasonal thing. This is a Target exclusive and $9.99.
- Jersey Shore Cosmetics Vanilla Bean Anti-aging Lip & Hand Polish: This was Ok for my hands and elbows. I don’t really want it on my lips. I much prefer my Rainbow Honey for that! The tube is huge so it will hopefully last a while.
- Marc Anthony Hair Care: Coconut Oil and Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Tratment: I’m going to admit right now – I forgot I got this. I really need to use it in my hair. I love to use this sort of product on my hair so it’s now been earmarked for Monday! I’ve pulled it out and actually stuck it in my shower next to my shampoo so I can see it. I have this problem with hair products and lotions. I need it to be right where I can see it or I forget.
- Extra Bonus: I exchanged Ipsy points and got the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon Palette. I am in so much love right now. It’s pretty, it smells like chocolate, and I’ve done a few great looks with it! The packaging is awesome, as Too Faced rocks this every time, and I’m happy. That’s a $49 value!
What did you get? Anything interesting? I’d love to know more! As always, if you are interested in getting your own Ipsy Glambag, follow my link!